Lost and Found
Terms and conditions
- This is a game of skill.
- Entry and participation is free and open to all Australian residents over the age of 18, except directors, management and employees (and the immediate families of directors, management and employees) of the Promoter or of the agencies or companies associated with this competition.
- The promoter is Tourism Victoria, 121 Exhibition Street, Melbourne 3000 ABN 18 381 772 530.
- To enter, entrants must answer the question featured in the Win section of the Lost & Found enewsletter and email their answer to [email protected], within the promotional period.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- Entry is free.
- The winning entry will be selected, at the judges’ discretion.
- The winner will receive the prize as described in the Lost & Found enewsletter.
- Entries must be received by the closing time outlined in the Lost & Found enewsletter.
- Entries will be judged on their creative merit and originality.
- Winners will be notified by email.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Entries will become the property of the promoters and will not be returned.
- Prizes are subject to availability.
- This prize cannot be exchanged for cash and is non transferable or refundable.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability (including FBT) incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion but will NOT, disclose such information to third parties. Entrants will receive email updates containing information relevant to the promotion. Entry is conditional on providing this information.
- Entry to this competition shall be deemed to be an acknowledgement and acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Any amendments to these terms and conditions (and any variations to the prize) after publication will be placed on the website wearelostandfound.com.au/lost-and-found-win.
Facebook & Twitter Competitions
Conditions of Entry
- Information regarding prizes and how to enter forms part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
- Entry is open only to VIC, NSW, ACT, QLD, TAS, WA, NT and SA residents aged 18 or over who:
- are available to respond via email on any draw date when contacted by the Promoter; and
- are able to take a prize on the dates specified by the Promoter (including being able to make their own way to and from their departure airport in their nearest Australian capital city by the time and date specified by the Promoter).
Directors, officers, management and employees (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management and employees) of the Promoter or of the agencies or companies associated with this competition are not eligible to enter.
- The competition begins at 11.00am (AEST) on 06/08/12 and closes at 5.00pm (AEST) on 25/10/12 (Competition Period). The Competition Period will be divided into 5 separate fortnight competitions (Competition Periods), as follows:
Opens Closes Competition Period 1 11.00am (AEST) on 06/08/12
(Start of Competition Period)
5.00pm (AEST) on 12/08/12 Competition Period 2 11.00am (AEST) on 20/08/12 5.00pm (AEST) on 26/08/12 Competition Period 3 11.00am (AEST) on 14/09/12 5.00pm (AEST) on 04/10/12 Competition Period 4 11.00am (AEST) on 05/10/12 5.00pm (AEST) on 18/10/12 Competition Period 5 11.00am (AEST) on 19/10/12 5.00pm (AEST) on 25/10/12
(End of Competition Period)
- Consumers are responsible for their own costs associated with accessing the Internet. All entries must be received by the Promoter during the Competition Period. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter, not time of transmission by the entrant. The Promoter is not liable for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence due to error, omission, tampering, deletion, theft, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over communications networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred. Entrants who enter using multiple email addresses or aliases may be disqualified.
- To enter this competition for the first time, entrants must, during the Competition Period:
- provide an email addressed to Lost & Found <[email protected]>
- within that email, respond to the relevant Facebook or Twitter post in 25 words or less
- provide name, contact details and any additional information as required by the Promoter
- The maximum number of standard entries permitted per entrant is one for each of the 5 Competition Periods.
- All entries received within the open and close dates for any Competition Period will be valid for that single prize draw only.
- At the end of each competition Period, all entries will be discarded and will not be eligible for subsequent Competition Periods.
- Only entries received within the open and close dates for each the 5 Competition Periods will be considered. All entries received outside of the periods specified in clause 3 will be deemed invalid.
- The judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize draws will be conducted on the following dates:
- Competition Period 1: 11.00am AEST on Thursday 13 August 2012 in Melbourne, Australia
- Competition Period 2: 11.00am AEST on Monday 27 August 2012 in Melbourne, Australia
- Competition Period 3: 11.00am AEST on Friday 5 October 2012 in Melbourne, Australia
- Competition Period 4: 11.00am AEST on Friday 19 October 2012 in Melbourne, Australia
- Competition Period 5: 11.00am AEST on Friday 26 October 2012 in Melbourne, Australia
- For each Competition Period the prize consists of:
- 2 return economy airfares (including airline and government taxes) from the winner’s nearest capital city departure point to Melbourne, Victoria (to the maximum value of $1,600)
- 2 nights double or twin share accommodation in Melbourne for the winner and their companion (to the maximum value of $600)
- Any difference between the total prize value of $2,2000 and the actual combined cost of the airfares and accommodation cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Please note the prize does not include transfers to and from the capital city airport in the contestant’s home town or in Melbourne.
- Flights, accommodation and any other activities are subject to booking and availability and must be taken on the dates specified by the Promoter (including prize winners and their companions being able to make their own way to and from their departure airport by the time and date specified by the Promoter. All other costs associated with the prize, including but not limited to any meals, additional transfer costs, additional taxes, insurance (including travel insurance), spending money, mini bar and room service costs, optional hotel costs, costs incurred with extending the duration of the package and other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the prize winner and their companion, as incurred.)
All elements of the prize are subject to any additional terms and conditions specified by the prize supplier/s.
- Each winner and their companion must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of any prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in promotional material.
- The Promoter may require entrants to provide proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies, and Facebook, will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each state and territory if required.
- The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- All entries will be the property of the Promoter. The information entrants provide will be used by the Promoter of this competition for the purpose of conducting this competition. The Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this competition or communicating with entrants. When the entrant ticks the ‘Yes I agree to terms and conditions check box at the time of completing the initial online registration form, they consent to the storage of their personal information on the Promoter’s database and the Promoter may use this information for future promotion and marketing purposes regarding its products and services, including contacting the entrant via electronic messaging.
- The Promoter is Tourism Victoria and the Department of Business and Innovation; 121 Exhibition Street, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.